DuPage County Juvenile Offense Lawyers
Wheaton and Warrenville Attorneys for Juvenile Offenses
When your child has been charged with a crime, the possible impact to your family’s future can be serious. It may be overwhelming to even know where to begin, as your child’s arrest can be wrought with uncertainty and confusion. Fortunately, the compassionate team at Davi Law Group understands the challenges your family may be facing during this difficult time. We are committed to helping your child protect his or her future and minimize the effects of criminal prosecution.
Legal Advocates for Juvenile Offenses in Wheaton, IL
For a child under the age of 18, a single conviction can lead to a lifetime of obstacles and forfeited opportunities, depending on the nature of the offense. This is a situation that our attorneys take very seriously and we are prepared to do everything possible to assist you and your family in pursuing a more positive outcome.
Most charges against minors in Illinois are brought within the structure of the juvenile court system. Compared to the “normal” criminal system, the State’s juvenile courts are more focused on rehabilitation and education as opposed to punishment. Still, sentences handed down by juvenile courts can be serious and have a dramatic impact on a young person’s life.
At Davi Law Group, we are equipped to help juvenile defendants facing a wide variety of charges, including:
- Traffic Violations: Young drivers are especially susceptible to charges of aggravated speeding and reckless driving;
- Juvenile Theft: The seriousness of charges related to retail theft, shoplifting, burglary, and other property crimes often depends on the value of the property involved;
- Juvenile Drug Crimes: Convictions related to possession of marijuana, cocaine, or heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, or distribution of drugs can result in severe penalties;
- Underage Drinking: In addition to criminal charges, a minor charged with underage drinking or possessing a fake ID may have his or her driving privileges suspended as well; and
- Other Juvenile Offenses: Including assault, battery, criminal trespass, and vandalism.
Juvenile Criminal Defense Attorneys in DuPage County
No matter what legal challenges your child may be facing, you can rely on the attorneys at Davi Law Group to remain at your side throughout the process. We will make every effort to keep your child’s case in juvenile court, which may decrease the long-term effects to your child’s life. When appropriate, we will also work with prosecutors and law enforcement to reduce or eliminate charges, and to pursue diversionary programs whenever possible. In the event your child’s case is turned over to the adult court system, our attorney will continue to help, ensuring that you fully understand a child's options and rights.
If your child has been accused of a crime, contact us at 630-580-6373 to schedule an initial consultation. Financing options are available. You will have the opportunity to meet with one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys so that you can have your questions answered and your options explained. When you need an attorney you can trust, turn to the team at Davi Law Group. We are proud to serve clients throughout Northern Illinois from our offices conveniently located in Wheaton, Warrenville, Joliet, and downtown Chicago.